Direct line: (847) 440-5028
J.D., University of New Mexico School of Law,
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
M.S., New Mexico State University
B.A., Elmhurst College, cum laude
Erin Jackson is the managing partner of Jackson LLP.
Erin also serves as the President of the nonprofit organization Inspire Santé. Because of her healthcare knowledge and patient experience, Erin is a sought-after speaker. She is passionate about creating positive change in the way that we perceive one's right to personalized healthcare, closing what she calls the "empathy gap" (that is, the gap between where many providers are and where they should be), and teaching individuals how to advocate for their needs within the healthcare system.
Erin was raised in Arlington Heights, Illinois, where she graduated from St. Viator High School before studying political science at Elmhurst College. She went on to earn a master's degree and then to graduate as the top-ranked member of her class from the University of New Mexico School of Law.
Erin is a published author whose scholarship focuses on the intersection of women's health and the law. Her latest article advocates for the abolition of child marriage in the United States, and she is currently researching international legal systems' treatment of spousal rape.
Outside the office, Erin enjoys spending time with her husband, nearby extended family, and dog Crosby. She lives in downtown Evanston and volunteers her time to various women's health causes. Erin also enjoys yoga, baking vegan donuts, and indoor rock-climbing.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Below Your Belt
- Contributor, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Contributor, The Mighty
- Member, UN Women U.S. National Committee, Chicago Chapter
- To Have and to Hold: Protecting the Sexual Integrity of the World's Married Women, 49 Toledo L. Rev. ____ (forthcoming late 2017).
- Whose Idea Is It Anyway?: What massage therapists should know about intellectual property, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Independent Contractor or Employee?: Common mistakes invite government scrutiny, penalties, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Scope of Practice: Why You Should Give a Whit, Massage & Fitness Magazine
- Addressing the Inconsistency between Statutory Rape Laws and Underage Marriage: Abolishing Early Marriage and Removing the Spousal Exemption to Statutory Rape, 85 UMKC L. Rev. (Mar. 2017), available via Hein Online.
- Regulation of Mobile Medical Apps, 9 N.M. Lawyer 7 (2014) .
- The Tension between Statutes of Repose and a Cause of Action for Indemnification: Considering the Implications of Christus St. Vincent v. Duarte-Afara, 43 N.M. L. Rev. 241 (2013).
Advocacy & Speaking Engagements
- Keynote Speaker, New York Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, 2017
- Speaker, Illinois Physical Therapy Association #ThirdThursday, 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Elmhurst College, 2017
- Speaker, Illinois Physical Therapy Association Revitalize Conference, 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2017
- Speaker, Missouri Physical Therapy Association Spring Conference, 2017
- Speaker, Florida Physical Therapy Association Spring Conference, 2017
- Keynote Speaker, Michigan Physical Therapy Association Fall Conference, 2016
- Panelist/Speaker, American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, 2016
- Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, June Leffler: As Child Marriages Drop, Hundreds Still Marry in Kentucky Each Year (Aug. 2017).
- LEO Weekly, June Leffler: Children marrying in Kentucky, state laws lacking (Aug. 2017).
- Shine Fertility: Feature Friday: Erin Jackson (Aug. 2017).
- The Knowbodies Podcast: Patient Perspective: Persistent Pain
- The Pelvic Health Podcast: Life after Pelvic Pain
- Owning HER Health: Laying Down the Law on Healthy Self Love, Sante & Compassionate Care
- Healthy Wealthy & Smart with Karen Litzy, DPT: The Legal Side of Physical Therapy
- Business, Baseball & Bourbon with Jerry Durham, MPT: Open Tab - Patient Panel
- Healthy Wealthy & Smart with Karen Litzy, DPT: Living with Chronic Pain???
- Move Forward Radio: Physical Therapy Gives Woman Active Life After Chronic Pelvic Pain
Blogging & Advocacy
- Why I Had an Identity Crisis When I Went From Being Sick to Healthy, The Mighty (read here).
- Guest Blogger, Strive Labs: Patients are People: Why you should work 'after hours,' talk about sex, & maybe quit your job
- PT Enthusiast, GetPT1st: Why I Love Physical Therapy
- Guest Blogger, Women's Health Foundation, 4-Part Series: My Pelvic Pain Story
- Guest Blogger, Bwom: Spread Your Knees: Learning to Advocate for Your Intimate Health