can be complicated.
Let us simplify it.
Healthcare laws are rapidly changing, and there have been significant developments in recent years. We stay updated on healthcare compliance so you can focus on your practice.
Take a look at some of our healthcare and HIPAA compliance services.
- HIPAA compliance
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement policies
- Joint Commission accreditation
- Health and insurance law updates
- EMR compliance
Even old rules require your vigilance.
Sometimes, when a rule has been on the books for years, it's easy to forget about it in the chaos of everyday life in your clinic. But provider practice acts and Medicare/Medicaid rules aren't fuzzy guidelines. If you're fuzzy on their requirements, it's time for us to perform a "legal audit" of your practice and refresh your policies.
- Know the rules for supervising students in your clinic.
- Know the boundaries of your practice act. Ask us to draft your employee policies and procedures with a sensitivity to all persons' scope of practice (nurses, physical therapists, student providers, etc.).
- Know when you need a referral or prescription to offer the services being requested by a patient.
- Know your professional fee-sharing privileges and prohibitions.
Be ready to recognize potential healthcare compliance issues.
- Understand your obligations under the ACA to prescribe or refer a patient for contraceptive care.
- Understand your obligations as an HIV-positive healthcare provider.
- Locate suitable professional liability insurance.
- Know how to comply with a patient's advanced directive or living will.
- Know which mandatory-reporting laws affect you, such as those involving child or elder abuse
- Understand collaborative healthcare decision-making privacy requirements.