From the gym to the mat, we provide cost-effective services to keep your work stress-free.
Wait, I need a lawyer?
Personal training and fitness instruction shares many similarities with physical therapy, is sometimes governed by state laws outlining the scope of your responsibilities, and it carries a risk of injury to your client. It can thus be helpful and reassuring to consult with a healthcare attorney who understands these nuances. Read on to learn about some of the services we can offer to your work.
Opening & operating a fitness studio.
- Business organization or incorporation services.
- Researching and obtaining local business license.
- Negotiate commercial lease and equipment rental agreements.
- Hiring, training, and supervising employees.
- Identifying potential risks of your business and obtaining appropriate liability insurance coverage.
Managing your practice.
- Understand the scope of your responsibilities as a personal trainer or athletic trainer. Also understand the scope of a physical therapist and massage therapist's practice, ensuring that you do not encroach on their professional responsibilities.
- Know what to do if a client is injured, either during training or outside of your studio.
- Know when you should refer a client to a physician or physical therapist. What injuries can you manage as a trainer, and what requires healthcare professional expertise?